They are absolutely correct with they say, “Every Color Has Its Own Say”.
Yes, colors do affect almost every aspect of a person’s life and more so when they are on the walls of your house.
Almost every time when a homeowner thinks of getting his/her house painted, a common question that haunts their mind is- what color shade should I choose to get the most effective appearance on the walls?
If you too are a homeowner who is facing such a trouble, here we have brought an effective solution for you. This article describes the kind of energies and effects of colors on the walls of your houses and it also helps you with the tips to choose the colors well.
Colors And Their Effects:
Colors are said to have 3 basic effects:
While the light shades turn your spaces airy and spread-out, dark colors are more on the sophisticated side and offer a warm appearance.
Apart from this, here is a bit of description of each shade of color and its effect on your walls:
Red is one of the most stimulating and intense colors and it is said to raise the energy of the space it is applied on. It can raise your heart rate, speed up the respiration and even raise the blood pressure.
Red color normally suits the living and the dining rooms and is said to stimulate conversation and excitement between people, drawing them nearer.
Yellow brings in the pleasurable essence of sunshine and is said to transfer happiness. You can go for yellow shades in your kitchen, bathroom and dining room etc. and expect it to be an energizing hue.
However, do not choose the yellow color as the major shade of your house and avoid using it in living rooms or bedrooms etc. Studies show that yellow color could lead to angriness and frustration in people and babies too tend to cry a lot in a yellow room.
Blue, being one of the cool colors, is helpful in lowering the blood pressure, heart rate and respiration rate of the human body. It creates a serene, relaxing and calming ambiance and is one of the best choices for your bedroom or bathroom etc.
But you also need to know that blue has lots of distinct shades and only the lighter ones induce calmness. Other bright and dark blue shades can be exactly opposite in nature, causing sadness etc.
Offering the view of natural greenery, green color offers a refreshing view to your house and denotes cheerfulness. This is also a cool color that can be used in almost any room of your house and is even said to possess the warmth which induces togetherness and comfort.
Due to its relaxing nature, people generally opt it for their bedrooms and it is believed to offer help with fertility.
The purple color is usually associated with creativity and luxury, bringing in sophisticated and dramatic appearance. People generally prefer lighter versions of purple such as lavender and lilac which offer a restful quality and these are mostly suitable for your bedrooms etc.
Orange is the shade of enthusiasm and excitement and is one of the energetic colors. In the ancient culture, orange was said to increase the energy levels of the body and also healed the lungs.
However, this color is not suitable for your living room or bedroom. In fact, use it in rooms that experience physical activities, such as exercise rooms etc.
Neutral color shades such as white, gray, brown and black etc. are known to be decorative ones. The shades such as brown and black are usually used in smaller portions with the other major shades.
So these are the major colors which people mostly choose for their home interiors. However, apart from this, here are some effective tips which would help you choose the best colors and shades for your houses:
How To Choose The Colors For a Particular Space:
- Consider Your Mood: Before you select a color, it is important to think about the mood of a particular room. For instance, do you want your bedroom to be soothing and calm or romantic and intimate? For different feels, there’s a distinct shade of color. While the greens and blues are on the quieter side, reds and oranges arouse the strong feelings.
- Consider The Lighting:One of the best ways to choose a particular shade of color is to consider the lighting condition in the room. If it experiences lots of natural lights through some big window, all such rooms should have lighter shades on the walls. Against this, the ones with lesser lights can go for bright shades too.
- For The New Houses: If you have a new house and haven’t even got the furniture etc., it is advised to choose the essential elements such as furniture and décor first before choosing the paint colors. Getting paint colors according to the décor is easy but for vice-versa, it is quite difficult.
- Begin With A Small Portion: If you have no idea about where to begin, choose a small area such as a bathroom or an accent wall to apply a desirable color and apply a large tester patch on the wall. If it appears suitable, you can surely go for more of it.
- Test The Color AgainstThe Furniture:When you are renovating your home, it is advisable to paint a piece of awhiteboard and hold it against the sofa, table or other items in your room. And it is not necessary to match the appearance, but importantly, your furniture should not appear a foil to them.
- Test The Color Against The Floors: If you have floors of distinct colors other than whites, you can always take this into consideration while choosing the colors of your walls.
- Use Distinct Finishes: Even if you choose a single shade of color for your entire house, getting it in distinct finishes could offer your space an entirely distinct appearance. For instance, you can choose from matte finish, flat enamel finish, eggshell enamel finish, semi-gloss, satin and high-gloss enamel finish etc.
- Get A Color Wheel For Idea: A good color wheel could be one of the best reference tools for the modification of two colors. For instance, red and green are highly intense colors when used together. Similarly, you can combine green and blue, yellow and blue, yellow and green etc. to get suitable views.
Your Fifth Wall:
The fifth wall of any room i.e. the ceiling is one of the most neglected portions of almost any kind of space. But the fact is, it is an important part of the space that is capable of complementing the area.
While choosing colors for the fifth wall, people generally go for whites etc. as these are the subtlest shades for the part. Whites go well with almost any kind of paint color on the walls.
However, you can get your ceilings in some darker shades too such as brown or dark green etc. if you wish to highlight some important aspect of the part such as showpieces and chandeliers etc.
So while you wish to choose a particular paint color for your interiors, do consider the effects and energies of distinct colors shades and use the above tips for choosing the best colors for the walls of your house.
And most importantly, you need to get the assistance of a good home renovator who could assist you with the kind of shades you need for your house. Call the home renovation experts and get the desirable shades of colors in a hassle-free manner.